Friday, October 8, 2010

It's time to blog!

My summer resolution was to start blogging. Well here we are, seven weeks into the new school year and I still haven't began until now. I've decided to take the leap and dive right into the blogging world.

I think blogging is a great way to document your life and stay connected with loved ones near and far. When Baby Buckmaster makes his/her debut in a couple of years, I think a blog will be a great tool for friends and family to watch him/her grow. So that's my spill on why I'm blogging. Now some quick information about my husband and I...

We met at Texas A&M and got married in June of 2008 after three and a half years of dating. We live in Fort Worth in a house that we are renovating. It was built in 1919 by a Colonel in WW1. How cool is that? We've totally gutted the inside and will probably start phase III in the next couple of years. I teach first grade and George is a sales engineer for Johnson Controls. Basically he designs and sells energy management systems for commercial buildings (schools, hospitals, museums, etc.). He graduated with an electrical engineering degree but did not want to sit behind a desk all day and has been blessed with the most perfect job for him. I am thankful every day that God chose me to be his wife. He is a wonderful man and the only man I ever met that measured up to my dad. Married life is great! We enjoy college sports (especially football), professional sports, traveling, the movies, spending time with our families and wonderful family of friends we've met in the metroplex. We have two puppies that are training us for parenthood, Abby and Tyson, and I cannot imagine life without them.

Literally, just married!

Great girlfriends, Stacy and JoAnna! Love love them!

Our great friends, the Sudbecks.

Enough about us! I am so excited about the weekend. The Aggies take on the Arkansas Razorbacks tomorrow at Cowboys Stadium. George's company has a huge tailgate where we are roasting a pig (since we're playing the Hogs). There is going to be so much delicious tailgate food that I can hardly contain myself! I am hoping and praying that the Aggies come out ready to play and that Jerrod, our beloved QB, finds his groove. He is such a wonderful person (check out some of the articles that have been written on him) and I hate to see so many fair-weather fans dogging him right now. I understand he has made costly mistakes but he is still a person, and a great one at that. College football is such a huge part of our lives. Sometimes I think I get into it more than George does. Fall is my favorite season, mostly because of college football. I love it!




I hope everyone has a great weekend and I hope your team does well, too! Gig 'em Aggies!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment