Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Back to School...

My baby girls are in the TWOs! I just can't believe it. I remember thinking they were so "big" when they started in the cribs class (at 7 months old). We are so fortunate to attend such a wonderful preschool. I give thanks for our sweet school and teachers on a daily basis.

We had a big summer of development. The girls are talking SO MUCH now. They use complex and compound sentences. The describe what they see and make predictions. They love to count, name their shapes and letters and colors, and we are really working on letter sounds. They love to read and can even "read" (the pictures -- not words, of course) some of their favorite books and love reading to me and their babies. They love to play outside, build with Legos, and do puzzles.

Ashley still loves to play with her babies (she now carries two around at all times) and I see/hear her doing and saying things to them that I do and say to her. She loves to rock, sing, kiss, and read to them. She calls them "sweetheart" and tells them that she loves them. And she also prays with them. It warms my heart and makes me feel like I am doing something right on those days when I feel like I've done NOTHING right.

Annabelle loves imaginative play. She loves to play with little figurines (especially Peppa and her family and Mickey Mouse) and comes up with so many scenarios and conversations. She will occasionally play with baby dolls and she is so sweet as she cuddles, sings, and reads to them. She is still more adventurous than Ashley and loves to jump off of things, climb, and have Daddy or Uncle Dom lift her to the sky. She also loves to play hide-and-seek!

Our school year started off with a bang -- and not in a good way! Annabelle woke up on the first day of school at 4am violently throwing up. The stomach bug would pass between both girls and me over the next three weeks and needless to say, we didn't have a full week of school until the fourth week. But now we are in a routine and loving it! Mrs. Heather is their teacher every day and they just love her. Ashley calls her "Mrs. Feather." They love talking about their friends and the playground and are so happy every day when I go to pick them up. This year, we go back to my room for about 30-40 minutes and they play while I prep for the next day. It's become a time that I treasure and they look forward to it every day.

I am so excited for what the school year has in store for the girls and our family. I bet it's going to be the best year yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment