Saturday, December 4, 2010

George's Birthday

Well, here's the birthday post I promised oh about 3 weeks ago.... Better late than never I guess :)

When George was in college, he had Buckfest for his birthday every year. He threw a huge party at his house and had nearly 100 people there, some he didn't even know! When he interviewed for Johnson, one of the questions that was ask was had he ever had to get all of the different groups of his friends together. Well, the example he gave was good ole Buckfest! My initial thought was, "Really?!?!" He was offered the job (obviously) and his then-boss admitted that they had ask every other interviewee at aTm if they had heard of Buckfest, and they all had. That was one of the reasons George was offered the job. Needless to say, we don't quite have Buckfest-caliber parties anymore but we do manage to have a great time and I think George has a great birthday each year.

His actual birthday was on Friday. I think birthdays are a big deal and balloons are non-negotiable. Friday morning, I tied the two dozen balloons at the bottom of the stairs and got George breakfast (I leave way to early to make him breakfast!). Friday night, we went to dinner at Trulucks in Southlake. It was nice to share a bottle of wine and have a leisurely dinner. We had a wonderful time. We came home and watched a movie and were asleep before midnight. It was probably just what we both needed after a long week! As far as birthday gifts go, I got George a new pair of Cowboy boots. His were getting a little worn! He parents gave him money (which he bought an elliptical with) and his siblings gave him a really nice shoulder bag for his laptop. What a fabulous birthday!

Saturday, we hung around the house all day and I cleaned like a crazy woman while watching college football. Cortney and Matt (George's brother and my bf who have been dating for two years now!!) drove down from Austin and got to our house a little after 5. We went to Pour House, a bar by our house, and met George's sister, the Sudbecks, Chris, Lindsey and a friend of Lindsey's to watch the Aggies and Baylor. Jarrod and Aleece came also. I think I was the loudest, most excited person in the whole bar :) I could barely even talk to anyone during the game (especially in the first half) because it was intense. It was so much fun to have our little group of friends together. Afterwards, we tried out a new bar on the West side before crashing at home. Sunday morning, George's parents came up and we all went to brunch at Delaney's, an Irish pub/restaurant on the West side. Fun fun fun!

I hope that George had a wonderful birthday. I was a little worried because several of our friends were out of town or had prior commitments and it was a much smaller group that usual. We had so much fun, though! It was so nice to finally hang out with the Sudbecks. We have both been so busy that we hadn't all been able to get together in a while. I miss them so much since moving to Fort Worth and even though we see each other frequently, it's just not the same as when we lived a couple of miles away from each other. I love it when we get to go out and have fun like we used to before we all got old :) It doesn't happen often (and we couldn't handle it if it did) but when it does, it's great. They blessed by bringing their precious daughter, Ava, into our lives two years ago and we love her to death. They are such wonderful friends and we are so thankful to have them in our lives!

Happy Birthday, George! Enjoy the last year of your 20's. I love you honey!!


xoxo,

Linds

Super cute of Matt and Cortney.

Lindsey, JoAnna and Rachel.

Gig 'em Aggies! Celebratory shot!

Happy Birthday to my hubs!

George, Lindsey, Jarrod and Aleece.

Jo and I having fun as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment