Saturday, March 12, 2016

Hello March!

March means spring is close -- and a break from school for mommy and the girls is even closer! We were excited to welcome March and looked forward to spring weather and wearing all of our cute spring clothes! We have had a very mild winter, so we can't complain too much about the cold, but I just can't put my girls in spring smocks until at least March. 

My February goals went pretty well, but I believe I am going to take a step back for March and just focus on maintenance in all areas. We are busy the next two months and I don't want to invite any unnecessary stress into my life. 

Looking back at February --

1. Read two books -- I made reading a more regular habit and I feel like I can fulfill my goal of reading two books a month going forward. It amazes me how when we get out of the habit of doing something on a regular basis, that it's hard to find time to pick it back up again. 

2. Daily Devotional -- I did much better with quiet time this month. I found another Podcast that I enjoy (aside from God Centered Mom). It's called Inspired to Action and it's wonderful. I may not read my devotional every day, but I am praying, reading Christian books with the girls, and listening to Christian podcasts on a daily basis and all of that makes life so much sweeter. 

3. Be active everyday -- I have not done as well in this department this month. It's so hard again to find time for something when it hasn't been in your routine. Hopefully in March with spring break, I can make this a priority again. 

4. Finish the playroom -- It's done! And I love it. I will have to post pictures. 

5. Meal Plan -- Done! We did well with eating at home this month. In March, we are trying our best to incorporate no-carbs at dinner time, so I will be on the look out for new recipes. 

6. Stick to our Budget -- Well, this one is a big fat FAIL! We had lots of expenses this month, and we did go over budget. The good news is that we get to try again in March. 

7. Laundry Room / Landing Cabinet -- This areas got some major organization and it felt great!

------

In March, I hope to just keep the house maintained. I do want to bring working out to the forefront and commit to three days of actually working out, whether it be a class, running, or the elliptical. I have an app that has short workouts that I could do on the days I can't get a full workout in. I also need to charge my FitBit and start wearing that again. Small changes that I think can make a big difference!

Probably my biggest "goal" for March is to start making low-carb or no-carb dinners. I will be on the lookout for new recipes! George is working hard to eat healthy and become active again, and I feel like preparing healthy meals will help him in his lifestyle change. 

------

I can't to see what March brings our family! We are so excited for spring weather, a few days off, and celebrating Easter with our families. God is so good! <3 font="">



No comments:

Post a Comment