Saturday, March 12, 2016

Life in February -- Friends, Valentine's Day, Pink Eye, and a Road Trip

February felt a lot less hectic than January, and that was welcomed by all. We spent a lot of time at home enjoying the very unseasonably nice weather.

The first week of February was nice, normal and quiet. We played outside a lot, I worked on getting caught up on never ending housework, and George was in town and not working too late.


The next week was pretty easy, too, until I came down with pink eye for the first time in my (almost) 31 years. My eyes were yuck all of Valentine's weekend and but the end of the next week, all of the girls in our house had a turn with it. That meant not much school that week for anyone and a stressed out mommy! George managed to escape it and was out of town for two days. Lucky him!



Rewind to Valentine's Day--it was pretty sweet! Daddy George got all of the girls breakfast and flowers. And we got him his favorite candy and cards. We spent the day together as a family and shared lots of love! I was able to go the grocery before noon and alone, so that was a win for me! We enjoyed an early family dinner eating Mexican and George and I had dessert after the ladies went to bed. It was a great day!


The next week was busy with Junior League fun and prepping for Theresa's couple's shower. We can't wait to love on Baby Camden in April! Following Theresa's shower, we enjoyed adult company and conversation with the Sanders. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends that live across the street. 



George found out he had some meetings in Houston on a Friday and a Monday at the end of the month, so the girls and I tagged along and spent an extended stay at Nonnie and Pawpaw's house. It was so much fun! Aunt Dixie took off Friday and we met her at the zoo. I think all four girls needed a nap afterwards. We had so much fun! I really wanted a picture with the girls and Aunt Dixie at the zoo and didn't think to try and capture one until the end of the visit. Needless to say with two tired toddlers, I learned my lesson that pictures need to always be taken at the beginning! We had a great day with her. Growing up, I spent a weekend with her each December and we did something fun in Houston. Those memories are some of my most treasured of my childhood. I hope the girls get to share in the Dixie Days tradition. 


Friday evening, we were back in West Columbia and once everyone was home from work we all went to dinner at my favorite hometown Mexican restaurant. It's even starting to grow on George now! We headed back to Fort Worth on Monday afternoon and made it back in time to prepare for school, work, and the month of March the next day. 





February was a low key, but enjoyable month. We really enjoyed each other and seeing the girls grow, talk, and become more independent every day. We are so fortunate, and don't take a second of it for granted! Cheers to March!


No comments:

Post a Comment