Sunday, February 13, 2011

Football, Showers and Cold Weather

Maybe after this post, I'll finally be "caught up" and will no longer have to have big summary posts from the last few months!


The first weekend in January, we cheered the Aggies on in the Cotton Bowl! It was such a fun weekend. I was a little upset because George was taking customers and I wasn't sure if I would get to go. Well some friends of ours had an extra ticket in their suite so not only did I get to go, but I had fabulous seats! Then some other friends of ours decided to rent a party bus and take it from downtown FW to Cowboys Stadium. Thankfully I had Colleen as my bus buddy and we had a great time! One of our top players on defense, Michael Hodges, went down early in the first quarter and was not able to come back in. He was replaced with a freshman who tried hard, but just couldn't produce like Hodges. Before Hodges went out, he had four tackles and his replacement had four the rest of the game! The Aggies fought hard but LSU pretty much dominated after the first quarter. I'm proud of the Aggies for a great season and cannot wait for September! We plan on getting season tickets this year so we'll be at almost every home game. YAY!


Colleen, Theresa and I before drinks at Whiskey and Rye.


My bus buddy!!


Gig 'em Aggies! Before it got ugly...


Cheering on the Aggies with Meredith.


Gig 'em Aggies!


The weekend after the Cotton Bowl, George left for a company retreat in Jamaica. I went down to West Columbia (my hometown, an hour south of Houston) to host a couple's shower for one of my high school friends, Joseph, and his fiance, Stephanie. Cortney, Jenna and I, along with seven of our guy friends from high school all hosted. I think everyone had a wonderful time. We had a western theme and made several different soups, dips and desserts. Unfortunately, it rained about an hour before the party so we had to move the tables under Cortney's parent's carport and the s'more station was never used. Regardless, it was wonderful to catch up with old friends and their parents and have a relaxing weekend at home. I really missed George and wished he could have been there but I understand that things happen. I was so happy to see him Monday night when he got home. After seven years of dating/marriage, I still get so sad when he leaves (even if it's just for a few days)!


Cortney, Jenna and I before the shower. Love these girls!


The bride and groom. Such a beautiful couple!


B&G with hosts/hostesses...such a fun group of friends!


Cort and I have party planning down to an art!
The next weekend in January was one I had been looking forward to for months. I was hosting a baby shower for Jenna with Megan, Cortney, Taryn and Kellye -- all my best best girlfriends from high school. We all live in different cities and don't get to see each other nearly enough. I miss them so much. Well Wednesday night, I suddenly got a sore throat. Since I'm prone to strep and had been pretty run down lately, I figured that was exactly what it was. I planned on going to the doctor after school on Friday, getting a shot and then I'd not be contagious in 24 hours...perfect timing for flying to Houston and having a slumber party Friday night and shower on Saturday. Well apparently God had other plans for me that weekend. It turns out I had the dreaded flu. I was so upset...so upset in fact that the doctor left the exam room and let me cry hysterically for 15 minutes. I cried on the way home as I told each of them I could not make it. I cried Thursday night as I waited on George to bring home dinner. I probably cried my weight in tears that weekend. I know that everything happens for a reason and that maybe this was my body's way of telling me to slow down and take a breather. The girls pulled off a beautiful shower and I heard Jenna and Blayne got great stuff. I am so sad that I had to miss it but I will get to see them pretty frequently over the next few months, as Megan and Taryn are also pregnant. It's such an exciting time in our lives!! I can't wait to meet and love on all of these babies!


Sorry I missed the shower girls, but you all look gorgeous!

So January was a busy month in the Buckmaster household but we wouldn't have it any other way. We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends, jobs and opportunities. I thank God every day for the wonderful live He has given me, including the most wonderful part of all: my sweet husband! I love you, George!

Praise God from whom all blessings flow....


Love,

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment