Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Holiday Wrap-up 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas with both of our families. Even though it was six weeks ago, I want to make sure I chronicle the precious moments in our blog. We have created a system for Christmas where we spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning (plus a few days before) with one family and then go and see the other family on Christmas afternoon/evening and stay for a few days. This year was probably one of the best I can remember. We left Tuesday night after George got off of work and drove to my parent's house. We were blessed to have two full days, plus Christmas Eve and part of Christmas day. It was the most relaxing, wonderful Christmas I can ever remember. We are always so rushed when we see my parents and it was so nice to be able to relax and really visit with them. While we were home, I was able to have lunch with Megan, Cortney, Taryn and Jessie. Meg, Cort and Taryn went to high school with me and we have been best friends ever since. We met Jessie in college (she went to Texas State with Cort) and she just fits right into our friend circle. Meg and Taryn will become moms this summer and it was so fun to talk babies and just see their beautiful glows. Later we found out that Meg will be welcoming a sweet baby girl and Taryn a handsome little boy. I am so excited! Christmas night we went to Jasper to see George's family and had our Christmas with them. His mom has totally remodeled most of her parents' house (the house she grew up in) and it looks fabulous! She is such a great decorator. I just love everything she does! We had a nice visit with them for a couple days relaxing, chatting and playing board games. We went and saw Meet the Fockers II and it was pretty hilarious. What a great, relaxing holiday season!

Please enjoy the pictures taken by my new Canon SX30 IS....a wonderful Christmas gift from my parents. It's my goal to take more pictures this year and with my wonderful new camera, I have no excuse.

Happy Holidays (a little late)!

Love,

Lindsey

Delicious crab melts I made for Christmas Eve.

My sweet family after Christmas Eve church.

My Spode starter set...what every southern wifey needs :)

My precious Abby. Love her!

My mom's gorgeous tree after all of the presents were unwrapped. So pretty!

My Tyson-man. I love him so much!

My honey is tired from all of the unwrapping!

The beginning of twice-baked potato casserole. YUMM-O but so fattening!

My mom's pretty place settings.

Abby and her favorite Aunt Rachel! They were the elves :)

My babies worn out at the Buckmaster house.

Merry Christmas from George and I!

30+ years of marriage - Ah-mazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment