Thursday, May 26, 2016

What a Difference a School Year Makes...

And just like that the school year was over, and the girls were no longer in the "ones," but now "twos!" This is so cliche, but it floors me how fast time goes by and how much they grow up in just a school year. I remember their first day at WDS (in the cribs class) and thinking they were so "big" at almost-8 months old. And now they will be in the "twos" class, which mean they will turn 3 during the next school year. I. Just. Can't. Take. It. They are growing up before our eyes and it's beautiful, amazing, a huge blessing, but also brings this mama to tears. I truly feel like these crazy days are the best days of my life and that I'll look back fondly on them for the rest of my life. Oh, how these sweet girls have changed my life for the better!

Although they aren't quite 2.5 yet, I wanted to document some fun things about them. I feel like so much has changed since they turned 2!


Annabelle Jane -- you are a firecracker! I think I've written that before. ;) You know what you want and are all about figuring out how to get it. You are such a logical thinker and like to figure out how things work. You speak totally in phrases and sentences and remember everything. Just last week you were talking about going to Grandma's house and said you wanted to go on the boat and wear your blue life jacket. You've only done that one time and it was a month ago, but you remembered! You want to do everything we do -- wash dishes, sweep, drive cars, wear sunglasses, drink from a regular cup with a straw, etc. You are so independent and are just fine playing by yourself. You love to climb over and under, jump, sing, read and cuddle with mommy when you are tired or sick. You rarely sit still and love to be outside. You love your sister and EV. They are your best friends! You love routine and remind us if we've forgotten to do something (like at bedtime--it's TWO books and we have to single Twinkle, Twinkle). In the mornings, you want to get dressed and go. You really had a fun school year and love to talk about your friends Sam, Millie, Hayden, Lindsey, Riley, and Jordan. You have the most infectious smile and we just love you to pieces! You can recognize and pick out the numbers 1-10, count to 20, say your ABC's, and pick out some letters. You know all of your colors and shapes love to sing songs that have motions (like Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes). You are such a delight and we can't get enough of you!!









Ashley Dianne -- you are a little mommy! You remind me so much of myself in everything that you do. You are emotional and such a lover. You love kisses, hugs and being held tight. You love your baby and take her everywhere. You are so concerned about her well being and make sure she is fed, clothed, and happy. You love jewelry and to build with blocks (polar opposites, I know)! I can tell that you are always watching me, because if your sister falls or something and I ask how she is feeling you do the same to your baby. You are as sweet as sugar! You love playing outside and announcing that you are a "big girl" and "I do it myself." You are speaking completely in sentences and are just a little parrot. One of the funniest things is that you'll say, "Oh my goodness" and use it in the right context. I wonder who you heard that from! You are like Daddy in that you are a little grumpy when you wake up and usually need some cuddles before you are ready to face the world. You love your sister and EV -- they are your best friends! You also love Baby Will so much. You really enjoyed playing with the girls in mommy's class after school this spring and they loved you, too! School was so much fun for you and you made some great new friends, You loved your teachers and love talking about Sam, Hayden, Lindsey, Riley, Millie, and Riley. You are a little ham and have the cutest "cheese" grin. You melt our hearts with it! You love to sing and read and have recently taken over saying the bedtime prayer. You list every member of our family and talk to Jesus. It makes my heart so proud! You can almost count to 20, recognize and pick out the numbers 1-10, say your ABC's and pick out some letters. You know all of your colors and shapes. We are so proud of you! You make life so much sweeter!







Both of you love learning and love your family, We talk about everyone daily and you get so excited when you see your grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousin. You've started to really get sad when we have to leave them and I know it makes them sad, but it makes me thankful for the deep bond that you already have with them all. Your village is so mighty and you are so fortunate to be so loved!



We are so thankful for a wonderful preschool full of loving teachers that have loved and nurtured our girls this past year. I know I am forgetting lots of things, but wanted to document all that I can remember about them at this age. Two has been pretty terrific for us. Of course, our girls have their moments like all two year olds do, but we try to stay consistent and firm and pray every night for God to lead us in all areas of parenting to be just what our girls need. These girls were such an answered prayer and we are so thankful for His great plan and choosing us to be their parents. Here's to the TWOS class, sweet girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment