Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Cowtown, Part II

Last year the husband and I ran the Cowtown, Fort Worth’s big annual race. They have a 5K, 10K, ½ and full marathon. Last year I ran the 10K and it was my first race to run ever and I was so nervous about making it through 6.2 miles. What a difference a year makes! Since then, I have ran a 10K, 5K and ½ marathon. I have really grown to love running so much that I am thinking about running a full marathon this fall before jumping on the baby bandwagon. I figure if I run one before I have kids then I will have no excuse but to run another one after babies are born and that will be a perfect way to get back in shape! Vain, I know but if you know me, you know that I must have a plan for everything!
OK, back to the Cowtown 2011! This race will always mean a lot to me because that is where it all started…the running bug!  I conned my sweet husband into running the 5K with me (and he hates running)! He is such a trooper and I love him for doing something solely for me that he really hates. One more reason why he is the BEST! This year, we ran with the Pazourecks, Kurt and Thomas and Lindsey. Lindsey, Tri, Kurt and I all ran the 10K and then Linds had work (plus she ran the ½ marathon the next day!) and the rest of the 10K-ers ran the 5K with the others (the whole Pazoureck family, George and Thomas, Kurt’s son) and then we enjoyed beverages and conversation before making our way to Fred’s, a delicious burger place (and Fort Worth staple), where Colleen, Chris and Jarrod joined us! We had so much fun with the Pazourecks. They live in Little Elm, which was about 30 minutes from our house in Carrollton and is an hour from our house in Fort Worth. We don’t see them nearly enough but always enjoy any time we get to be together. They were some of our first friends in Dallas/Fort Worth thanks to JCI and we have enjoyed many Halloween parties, lake days and informal get-togethers at their house!


After the Cowtown, we headed to Rahr Brewery in south Fort Worth with Colleen and Jarrod. We enjoyed samplings of three different beers and great conversation. Colleen and I had a great time catching up and talking about everything under the sun. We met the most remarkable lady who had to be in her seventies but was enjoying life to the fullest. We enjoyed dessert and appetizers on the rooftop at Flying Saucer downtown after Rahr. The weather was perfect and we had a great time visiting. Afterwards, George and I enjoyed a long nap that lasted until 6a.m. the next morning. We had a great Sunday filled with church and house work.


What a wonderful weekend!




Love,


Linds


Lindsey, George and I before the race. Yes, it's still dark out!

Kurt and Thomas
George and I after the race.
The Pazourecks - a running family!
Colleen and I enjoying Fred's
We love Rahr!
Our new friend

 

No comments:

Post a Comment