Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grace + Zoo Fun with the Sudbecks!

Thanks to Junior League, I was fortunate to attend a cooking class at Grace, a fabulous restaurant in downtown FW. Provisionals must complete one two hour training session and I am so thankful that I picked this one. My friend, Lindsey, and I attended and it was a perfect way to spend a Friday evening. When we arrived, champagne was on happy hour and there couldn't have been a better day for me to indulge. We learned how to make chorizo stuffed dates, homemade ravioli with sweet potato filling and cheesecake for dessert. YUMM-O! It was all so delicious! I had even more fun meeting new JL ladies and catching up with those I already knew. I am so thankful for Junior League. Not only is it an incredible service organization filled with so many wonderful women but it's a great way to feel plugged into the city (and it's happenings) and meet wonderful people. I absolutely LOVE it!

Saturday, the Sudbecks came over to Fort Worth and we had lunch at Uncle Julios (another YUMM-O) and went to the zoo. The weather was fabulous and we all had a great time. Ava is at such a great age and is so much fun. I know that when we have kids, I will love them so much it will be indescribable but I never thought I could love and adore a little girl as much as I do Ava. JoAnna and Pete have done such a great job with her and she is just so sweet and loving. She totally adores George right now and even held his hand and walked with him. We saw just about every animal including my favorites: zebras, elephants, giraffes and lions. We saw the cool MOLA (Museum of Living Art) and had ice-cream. It was seriously one of the best Saturdays I can ever remember.

We are so lucky to have the Sudbecks in our lives. It isn't often that you find a couple where the wives click and the husbands do, too. They are such a blessing in our lives. I don't think I would love D/FW as much as I do without them here!

I love the Sudbecks, the Zoo and Junior League :)


JoAnna and adorable Ava
Flamingos are pretty in pink
I <3 elephants!
Mr. Giraffe
The cutest little girl in the world!
We love the Sudbecks!
The boys and their matching shirts...and Ava who wanted to sit like them
So sweet!!
The Zoo crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment