Wednesday, March 16, 2011

We're ready for your arrival, Baby Lincoln!

The second weekend in March, I drove home again to host Taryn and Lincoln's baby shower. George stayed in town and attended the St. Patty's Day party in Dallas with some of our great friends from FW. I drove down Saturday afternoon (after many little obstacles...so fun) and got home just in time to go to Cortney's to decorate for the shower. Taryn is decorating the nursery in a Cowboy theme so we incorporated that theme into the shower but tried to make it a little more western chic. I think the decorations and food were perfect. After decorating, my dad grilled fresh salmon and shrimp and holy cow, it was de-li-sh! It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I love being at home and having dinner cooked for me and not having to worry about what to have or what ingredients we need. I love cooking but sometimes it's nice just to sit down at the table and eat!

The food table all ready for the shower.
The dessert and drink table all decorated.
The adorable letters (Thanks Meg!) and clothesline with outfits.
Yes, please! Yumm-o salmon.
The delicious shrimp.....mmmmm!
The shower was great on Saturday. It was so good to see so many old friends. Taryn looked beautiful and was so grateful. I am so blessed to have her in my life and definitely count her as one of my many blessings. I just cannot believe that friends of mine from elementary school are becoming moms! I love it! I cannot wait to shower their babies with love and hope to be a supportive, loving friend to them as well as they finish their pregnancies and become moms. I loved seeing Meg's baby bump, too. She looks so cute! I hope I look half as cute as my sweet pregnant friends when I have a bump :) Taryn and Linc got so many great things that I don't think Taryn will have to buy him anything for a long time. "Have to" are the key words....let's be honest - baby clothes are too cute to pass up! I seriously think I have a problem sometimes and we don't even have kids yet! George is going to be in trouble when we do!


Taryn and the hostesses.

The Fab 4! I love these girls so much!
After the shower, I packed up quickly and went to see sweet Jenna and Blayne in the hospital. Jenna had Blayne on Friday and is the first of my high school girlfriends to give birth. She seriously looked so wonderful and Blayne was just perfect. There isn't any other word better to describe him that perfect! I cannot wait to watch him (as well as the other babies) grow and hopefully ours won't be too many years behind them!


Baby Blayne...so adorable!

It was great to get back to Fort Worth and see my sweet husband. Another great part - spring break this week! It's much easier to go to sleep when you know that you don't have to work the next day!

YAY for family, girlfriends, salmon, babies-to-be, newborns and spring break!


XOXO,

Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment