Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home...The First Time!

The last two weekends, I spent in my hometown (West Columbia - about an hour south of Houston). It is always great getting to see my parents and little brother and then when you throw friends in the mix, I definitely cannot complain about the 5+ hour drive (or at least not too much)!


The first weekend, we got home in time to meet my parents for a late dinner. It was so good to see them! My mom was recovering from the dreaded flu + pneumonia. Bless her heart, she still sounded so sick. We enjoyed Mexican food at one of my favorite local restaurants and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch when we got home! I think my dad and George visited for a couple of hours before waking me. Saturday morning, my dad cooked his famous breakfast tacos (always delish - George craves them constantly!) and we enjoyed a little downtime with my parents.


Saturday afternoon/evening, we traveled to Katy to attend the wedding of my childhood friend, Joseph, and his beautiful bride, Stephanie. It was so fun to catch up with lots of friends from high school. Jenna was just a week away from giving birth and looked so fabulous! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was so much fun. I was asked to be in the House Party for Billy Wayne and Katie's wedding in November which just made me so happy. Billy Wayne and I grew up together and it means so much that Katie could have picked any other of her girlfriends but picked me. I am so excited for their wedding and for them to experience the rewards and bliss of married life! Saturday night we stayed at my Aunt Dixie and Uncle Matt's house in Houston. Matt made us a delicious breakfast Saturday morning (as usual - he is a chef!) and we enjoyed so much visiting with them before making the long drive back. I love them so much and am thankful every day to have them in my life. Everyone should have an aunt as wonderful, cool and loving as my Aunt Dixie!




Cort and I enjoying the reception.
Cort and Matt - so cute!
I love my husband. He rocks!
Hanging out with the newlyweds :)
"That's one happy Buckmaster family!" Except we're missing two!


Sunday night we met Rachel and Dom for dinner. They got engaged the weekend before in Costa Rica! Rachel's ring is beautiful and I am so excited for her. She is going to have so much fun planning and then she, too, will get to share in on the wonderful-ness (holy bad grammar!) of marriage! We talked wedding plans and wedding party and then Rachel asked me something very special...if I would be her Matron of Honor! Emotional Lindsey started crying right there at dinner. I cannot begin to explain how special, touched and happy it makes me. Rachel and I never had sisters growing up and I think that's because God knew he would put us in each other's lives one day. I am blessed to not only have Rachel as a sister-in-law but as such a good friend. I feel like I can talk to her about anything and no matter what, she'd always be there for me. Rachel is going to be a beautiful bride and I cannot wait to help her in any way that I can over the next year or so and stand beside her as she becomes a married woman to the love of her life. OK, I seriously cannot type about this anymore or I will start crying...and I spray tanned earlier tonight so that wouldn't be good! I LOVE Rachel (and Dom) and cannot wait to share in this special time in their lives.


The newly engaged couple!
Rachel's gorgeous ring!

I love my SIL!

What a wonderful weekend and a perfect way to lead up to the week before spring break!!!


Cheers to weddings, engagements and family!




Love,


Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment