Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy, Busy May

Our lives did not slow down one bit in the month of May! Besides birthdays, baby showers, engagement parties and friends, school was also winding down. The month zoomed by thanks to every weekend being occupied and having so much to do during the week. Before I knew it, I was hugging my little bumblebees goodbye and wishing them a safe summer and a great year in second grade. As those close to me know, this past school year was a difficult one for me. I definitely did a lot of soul-searching and praying as to how to handle certain situations. As tough as some days were, I know that God put each one of my students in my life for a reason. They need me and I need them. I can only hope that I made an impact on their lives in the 175 days we had together and that they will remember some of the things I taught them (beyond reading and math) and will turn out to be great people. Something I love about teaching is that each August, you get to start over. You get a whole other shot at making a difference and molding some little lives. You get to correct all of your mistakes and better those things you did right. I can't wait to meet my next batch of bumblebees and hope we have a fabulous year!

May Happenings...

- More Birthdays : We celebrated JoAnna's, Van's and Colleen's birthdays.
- Megan and Gracie's Baby Shower in West Columbia
- Rachel and Dom's Engagement Party in Henderson
- The Last Day of School

My lovely Fort Worth friends celebrating one of many birthdays.

All the hostesses at Gracie's Par-Tea.

Some of the decor at Gracie's Par-Tea.

My beautiful pregnant friends - Megan, Kellye and Taryn.

Jenna and precious Baby Blayne.

We love you already, Gracie!

Congrats to the soon-to-be Falbos!

Rachel and Dom with their parents.

The whole Buckmaster family.

Rachel and Dom's entire families.

My big second graders - I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment