Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Fun

Last weekend was a wonderful, relaxing weekend but of course I took zero pictures! I am so disappointed in myself. Oh well, maybe next time!

Friday started off with playtime at the Amerson house with Ely. Stacy took the twins to get their four month pictures taken (I cannot believe they are four months already!) and Ely and I had fun playing games, reading books and watching a little TV. After pictures and getting the twins down for a nap, Stacy and I got to visit for a bit about a little of everything which is always a treat. Even thought she'd disagree, Stacy has figured out how to function so well with a 4-year old and infant twins! I hope when we have our first baby that I have it half as together as she does!

Friday evening George and I met some friends downtown at a sports bar, Frankies, for dinner and a little Rangers game action. We had fun visiting with everyone and I know George enjoyed unwinding after a long week. Saturday was a lazy day for me! I never sleep past about 8:00a.m. during the summertime and Saturday, I broke that tradition. I got up for a bit and then went back to sleep until almost 11! Then I napped again that afternoon. It was bliss! Saturday night we tried Fireside Pies in West 7th and thoroughly enjoyed it. I was craving jalapenos so I just had their "Good Pepperoni" pizza with jalapenos and George had the "White Pizza" with chicken sausage. Afterwards, we walked over to Lucky Strike to check it out and had dessert and drinks out on the patio. We were really impressed with the atmosphere and hope to go back soon to watch one of the many sporting events we follow.

Sunday we ventured out to Eagle Mountain Lake with the Amersons. Stacy was the tubing champion of the day, but everyone (except our Captain Safety) enjoyed rides on the tube, even Ely. We had lots of laughs and fun before having lunch and then getting off the water. George and vegged around the house before watching the Mavs game with Colleen and Van. It was so much fun watching the Mavs win their first ever championship. Being the sap that I am, I started crying this morning watching the recap and interviews from last night.

We had a great weekend and are ready for another hot, Texas summer week!

1 comment:

  1. We had such a great time yesterday. Thanks again for the invite!

    ReplyDelete