Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The PERFECT Anniversary

George and I celebrated our third anniversary yesterday. I seriously do not know where the time has gone! While I cannot imagine life without him (and honestly it seems like he has always been in my life), our wedding seems like it was just yesterday. On our anniversary, I like to think about what I was doing at that time on our wedding day. It was such a special day and there isn't one thing I would change except maybe have the reception venue a little cooler, but hey, it was June in Galveston. What do you expect? I am forever grateful to my wonderful parents who didn't bat an eye as I kept adding more flowers, linens, everything and did everything they could to give me my fairytale wedding. George's parents were great, too, in planning a wonderful rehearsal dinner and helping us have a fabulous honeymoon in France. We are just so blessed!


June 7, 2008



The last three years have been so wonderful, and honesty each year just keeps getting better. I have always felt like George was my best friend but I feel like we just keep getting closer. I am so thankful that he is who God chose for me to spend my life with. There is never a day that goes by that I would rather spend my life with anyone else. I love living my "happy ever after!"


The third wedding anniversary gift is leather and George had told me not to get him anything because his gift was really for both of us (and it was pretty pricey). I ended up exchanging boots that I had gotten him for his birthday and then got him a card (I'm a big card person) and a baby bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (yumm-o, if you haven't tried it). We went to dinner at Ruth Chris and that is when George gave me my gift -- a wedding album!




I love my wedding album!!!


For those of you that don't know, our photographer/picture/wedding album situation was a nightmare. I wish I could sugar-coat it in some way, but I can't. I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version of the story. Basically throughout the planning process, our photographer was hard to get in touch with, slow to respond to emails, etc. Why I didn't fire him is beyond me. He created the most beautiful art story books and I had to have his, because they were that good. I was keeping my eye on the finished product. Needless to say, it took him over six months to get me a DVD with our wedding prints (which were not edited and had several events missing) and a year and a half to get our art story book. When I opened it, my name was misspelled on the cover. Then, it was one of those cheap Kodak books that anyone can order. It was pretty terrible! This has been a sore subject since our wedding. I just feel so bad that my parents spent thousands of dollars and we had nothing. To this day, I still don't even have my bridal portrait images!


For George to take the time to get the album made is the sweetest, most thoughtful thing in the world. It took everything I had not to start my "no-breathing" crying at the restaurant (my dad and George know just what this sounds like!). So my three tears shed as I looked at it was me being really tough, babe! I emailed the photographer to thank her for designing it and doing such a wonderful job. In her reply to the email, she said, " I loved that a man thought to work so hard on making a special gift for someone he loved.  You are very lucky and I wish you both the happiest of lives together."


I am so lucky and blessed! I love you babe! Cheers to many more anniversaries!




I love dessert!


I love you babe!


 

June 7, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment