Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Our 2012 Recap

Moving along to 2012!

January
- I hosted Hilary Hymer's baby shower for sweet Jackson at our house.
- We went skiing with Van and Courtney in Angel Fire, NM. We both had a much more successful ski trip than Whistler last year. Angle Fire is a much better mountain for inexperienced skiers -- it even has as a green that I was able to get down by the end of the trip!



February 
- Happy 1st Birthday, Molly and Luke!
- We ran our third annual Cowtown 10K. This time, we had Van, Courtney and Kyle join along. It was a fun day filled with running, Fred's and Rahr!

 



March
- St. Patty's Day in Dallas!
- I met my girlfriends from high school (Cortney, Megan, Taryn, Kellye, Jenna, and Claire) in Surfside for a fun girls' weekend. We had a blast talking, laughing, getting sun and spending much needed time together.



April
- Birthdays Galore! My goodness, our family has a lot of April birthdays. Here's the roll call: Lindsey, Laura, Matt, Taylor and Rachel! Our gift budget takes a significant hit in April! :)

 


May
- Matt and Cortney are engaged! It was such an exciting weekend. Matt and I had been scheming the whole week. I was so anxious that he wasn't going to get the ring in time, or that we weren't going to come up with the perfect plan but we did! He told Cortney that he was coming to the metroplex for the weekend. She was not overly happy about this because they had not spent very much time together lately. We got a manicure Saturday morning and then were off to lunch at Lucy's. I was panicking because lunch wasn't taking as long as I needed it to in order to have her at her parent's house at the appropriate time. Thankfully it all worked out, and she said YES!



June/July/August
- Summertime is here! After a tiring school year, I was ready for a break! I didn't get too much of a break, because my school decided to make the other campus the primary only campus, so I had to pack up my room and unpack once again!
- Holy Marathon! I registered for the Houston Marathon lottery and got in! Training would start in the fall for my first 26.2 race ever. It was equally exciting and terrifying!
- We had many wedding festivities for Rachel, including her bachelorette party, D/FW shower, and finally her BEAUTIFUL wedding in July! She was such a beautiful bride, and I was beyond honored to be her Matron of Honor.
- George and I celebrated our fourth anniversary in June and took a late anniversary trip to San Francisco and Sonoma County in July. We had a great time just spending time together, and getting away from the every day craziness.

 




September/October
- Football season! We enjoyed our first season as members of the SEC! We attended the Florida, Arkansas, and LSU games at Kyle Field and traveled to Shreveport to see the Aggies play LA Tech and Auburn with Al and Stacy for AU game. We loved seeing a new stadium and college town. The people of Auburn are wonderful and so warm and friendly. We enjoyed getting to try Toomer's Lemonade and seeing Stacy's family. I didn't even let a terrible MRSA staph infection ruin the trip, although it tried at moments.
- Marathon training began for my big race in January. I followed Hal Higdon's marathon 3 plan, which had three runs each week. On the weekends we were home, my Friday happy hours and nights out quickly were traded in for early nights and substancial meals so that I could get up early and get in my runs before the football games started.






November
- Stacy, Lindsey and I ran the FW 1/2 Marathon! It was Stacy's first half marathon and my third. She did an awesome job! I was so proud of her. We enjoyed a nice brunch at Cowtown Diner after our run. 
- Cortney's bachelorette party was held in New Orleans and we had a BLAST! I loved seeing Cortney, her sisters, Kali, Megan and Taryn and of course, devouring the yummy cajun cruisine. I introduced them to oysters at Draggo's and I think they're as hooked as I am!
- We hosted another Thanksgiving at our house! Again, I loved having both sides of our families together. We are so lucky that they act as one big family that's been "united" forever!
- Football and Running - These two things were totally consuming my life at this point. The Aggies had a pretty special football season, including beating the number one team in the nation (Alabama) at their stadium.





December
- The HTS Christmas Party in Houston was 80's themed this year. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE looking silly and dressing in costume, but oh well! We were able to watch our quarterback, Johnny Manziel, win the Heisman Trophy becoming the first freshman ever and the second Aggie ever to win it. Amazing!
- We took part in many other Christmas activities including: decorating the house, a Christmas lights tour, and time with friends and family.
- Rachel graduated from SMU with her masters! Amazing!!!
- We spent Christmas with my family, and enjoyed our time with them so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment