Sunday, October 20, 2013

We are having two..... Gender Reveal!

We decided to have a gender reveal party at our house for our family and close friends. I love the idea of not finding out genders until the delivery room, but with twins that is just too much for this first-time-mama! Daddy George and I decided that we would have a gender reveal party at our house and be surprised by cutting into two cakes and seeing either pink or blue.

On Friday, I went to my OBs office for the gender ultrasound. I told George he couldn't come because since about week 8, he had asked the doctor every time we went for a gender guess. He has been so excited and curious that he couldn't stand it! I knew it would be too much for him to stand, so off to Dr. Benz's office I went, and had the tech put the genders in two separate envelopes labeled "Baby A" and "Baby B." I was nervous about him not being able to tell since we were a few days early (15 weeks, 5 days) and we had 20 people coming to our house the next afternoon expecting to find out. After looking at the babies for about 2 minutes, he reassured me by saying, "Got it. I know what they are!" I got a good look at the two growing sweethearts, and then he asked me to turn my head while he looked at their "revealing" parts and sealed the info in the envelopes. Talk about nerves! Then I left the office and took them to our baker and that was that. I was happy to get those envelopes out of my possession and into the hands of the baker. The next day was a big day!



Mom and Dad arrived later that evening, and we had a great dinner. Matt and Cortney arrived later and were staying with Rachel and Dom. I made snacks that evening and started decorating for the party. We were so thankful for my parents' help! The next morning, I got up early and went to the grocery to get a few last minute items and continued preparing. Mom, Dad, Laura, Billy, Rachel, Dom, Matt and Cortney came early and helped with set up. JoAnna was a HUGE help and made food and brought decor and serving pieces. Cortney picked up the cakes and we were all ready for the reveal!













As guests arrived, they voted for team pink (two girls), team blue (two boys), or one of each and took beads. Special thanks to all of our friends and family that joined us: Mom, Dad, Laura, Billy, Rachel, Dom, Matt, Cortney, JoAnna, Peter, Ava, Aubrey, Doll, Al, Ely, Kyle, Van, Courtney, Jeff, Erin, Anne, Tyler, Michelle, Lindsey, Charlie and Kathy.








We cut the cakes about 2:30, and to our surprise we are having two sweet baby GIRLS! Words cannot express how excited I that my girls will have a sister. I never had a sister and cannot wait for them to share this incredible bond! George and I are so happy and feel so blessed that we've been trusted with these two sweet angels! Our house is officially on pink overdrive!






God Bless Baby Girls!  We can't wait to meet you two in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment