Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sharing Our Good News With Our Families

We were so excited to hear TWO healthy heart beats and share our good news with family and close friends. We decided we would tell family at 6 weeks, close friends at 8 weeks and the rest of the world at 12 weeks.

Below is how we told our families and their reactions:

Mom and Dad - I bought two frames for the grandparents that had a pregnant lady on them, with the baby bump portion cut out where the picture would go. As luck would have it, we were driving down to my parents house the Friday after the first sonogram. I got the picture ready and stuck it in a bag with my dad's very belated Father's Day gift. That was our cover for having a gift -- it was a late Father's Day surprise. I found cards for grandparents-to-be and wrote a little message inside. The ride down was crazy long, and plus I was sick the entire way and had to use the restroom about ever hour. Daddy George was so patient and kind and did whatever I asked him to do. All three of us are lucky to have him in our lives! When we arrived, we had my parents open the gift and my mom opened the smaller bag with the frame in it. We told her that gift was one for them to share. When she opened it, she immediately held it to her heart and started saying, "Oh my, oh my." I told her to look at how many and she did and continued smiling and hugging the frame. My dad could tell what it was but was confused by the "how many" comment, and he worriedly asked, "Well, how many are there?!" It was a hilarious moment, and I think he was a little relieved to find out there were only two! We had a great evening and visit with my parents and I knew they were so, so happy.

Billy and Laura - We invited Billy and Laura to dinner on Sunday evening after we returned from West Columbia. George stopped at Toys R Us and bought some baby golf clubs to surprise his dad with, as well as the frame and card like we had given my parents. When they arrived at our house, we gave them the card first and as soon as Laura saw grandparents-to-be, she started crying. It was so sweet! She said she had an inkling that we were pregnant. When she opened the card and read that it was twins, they both became even more excited. Laura said she always thought that George and I would have twins. We enjoyed dinner with them and spent lots of time talking about the babies!

Rachel and Dom - We went to dinner with Rachel and Dom the Thursday before our first sonogram. I gave them a little bag of Lucky Charms with a card that said, "A Lucky Charm will be arriving in March. We're pregnant!" Rachel started crying immediately! The even bigger surprise was calling them back on Friday to tell them that TWO Lucky Charms would be here in March (or probably more like February)!

Cortney and Matt - Cortney and Matt came over to my parent's house Friday evening. We gave them the same kind of gift as Rachel and Dom, but had added an "s" to Lucky Charm. Cortney threw the bag at us and said, "SHUT UP! YAY!" It was so cute and fun!

Dixie and Matt - We stopped by Dixie and Matt's house on the way back to Fort Worth. It was so important for me to tell her in person. They were so excited for us, and even more excited for twins! Now there will be a whole new group of Dixie Days to begin each year.


Finally at 12 weeks, we announced to the Facebook world our good news with this photo:

1 comment:

  1. So excited to follow the babies in person and on the blog!!! You will be so glad you are doing this if you can keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete